Friday, November 02, 2012

5 things

helloooo?
Oh, hi. That 31 days of encouragement? Was only 11 days. (give or take.) Honestly, I have no idea what happened. Life? Yes, that's it. Here's what's been going on...

1. The hurricane? You know, Hurricane Sandy? This is a picture of the train tracks in our town. I am so very sad at the devastation of this storm in our area. Thankfully we have power and heat, but so many are without it. Remember to keep everyone in your prayers.

2. This show. Call the Midwife on PBS. I never jumped on the Downton Abby bandwagon, but  I'm officially obsessed with this series. I love Chummy. And can I please look like Jenny Lee? You must check it out.

3. Lots and lots of Pumpkin Spice Lattes when I can. It's the little things, folks.


4. I did mention I went to Colorado for a Mom Heart leadership intensive? It was the beginning of September. (wow, time flies!) I hope to share many things I learned here in the coming months. Don't forget to follow Sally's  Mom Heart group blog. So many wonderful women writing things there.


5. Please keep the Curtis family in your prayers. Barbara was one of the first bloggers I started to read, way back in 2005. She was also the first person to comment on my very first blog post ever. My heart is so saddened and she will be missed. Her husband, Tripp, wrote this loving tribute to her. If you can help their family in anyway financially, please do.

2 comments:

Gypsy_Cowgirl said...

I need to check out that pbs show. So sorry about your friend.

Roberta said...

Oh Andrea...I am weeping. This is the first I have heard of Barbara's passing. In this last year I won one of her books, which she signed and sent to me, what a timely gift and a beautiful heart she conveyed through her and personal story. We just watched the tribute video, how blessed and loved she was. Her family will be in my prayers.